Friday, January 23, 2009

Cheesburger Chilli Mac and Cheese

Cheeseburger Chili Mac and Cheese
I added my changes to Rachael’s recipe; Glen liked it so I will share.
Ingredients
2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
( Ground Turkey can be used,
If cutting fat, intake.
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chili powder
Salt and ground black pepper
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup yellow mustard
2 cups beef stock
( I used 1 package of Lipton Beefy Mushroom Soup mix with 2 cups water
Bring to a Boil, Simmer covered till the onions in Soup are tender).
1 pound whole wheat elbow macaroni
I used, Rotini Wheat Pasta
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp yellow cheddar (the sharper the better!)
Can also use, fat free Cheese
Yields: 4 servings
Preparation

Brown Meat, Drain, add onions, & Chili Powder
Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
Add Ketchup & mustard mix well.
Add 2 cup Beef Stock or the Soup.
(Cook Pasta, according to directions,)
Drain Pasta, and mix with the Meat mixture.
Poor into oven safe baking pan, and put in Oven
On Broil setting, when the Cheese is bubbly, ENJOY

A GREEN salad would be nice along side.

No comments: